[Pulp-dev] Upcoming epel6 Dependency Issues

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Wed Nov 16 19:34:08 UTC 2016

A few updates on this area:

- mhrivnak drafted an e-mail to go to pulp-list asking for feedback on when
we should stop building for EL6.
- I've drafted a blog post [0] that will be published in a way coordinated
with the pulp-list e-mail

- It would appear that Django 1.8 may be added to EPEL6 along with the
python27 (non-scl) runtime. Read more about that here[1] and the python27
runtime would be from here[2]. I don't think this changes the proposal for
us to stop building and supporting EL6, but it is some info I wanted to
relay.

[0]: https://github.com/pulp/pulpproject.org/pull/26/files
[1]:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/epel-devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/7QXMTUFUXEQ6BSEWHA3VWGU2H7VETR4P/