[Pulp-dev] To SCL or not to SCL

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Mon Oct 3 16:11:17 UTC 2016

This sounds like a great idea. We talked over this question some last
week and here is my from-memory summary.

- Pulp 3 will be compatible with Python 3.4 and 3.5
- We want travis and pulp-smash to test Pulp 3 with both Python 3.4 and 3.5
- For EL7 we will use SCLs to provide Python 3.5
- Current Fedoras already have Python 3.5

The thinking of keeping the Python 3.4 compatibility is that it would
allow us to the SCL on EL6 if we have to. I believe the newest SCL for
EL6 is 3.4. If we formally decide that EL6 won't be supported by Pulp 3
then we can drop the Python 3.4 support at that time also.

Please correct me if others came away with different perceptions.

-Brian