[Pulp-dev] No 'result' field for a Task in Pulp3

Jeff Ortel jortel at redhat.com
Mon Apr 24 19:48:29 UTC 2017

On 03/28/2017 12:16 PM, Brian Bouterse wrote:
> Today on a call an observation was made that Pulp3 does not need 'results' for a task. All non-error info
> about what happened during a task is associated with it's associated "Progress Report" objects [0].

The progress report is a snapshot of what a running task is currently doing and metrics on how much progress
has been made.  In part so users can know progress is begin made and estimate the task's completion.  The
"result" report /could/ provide an indicator of success and a summary/detail of work completed.  These two
things seem completely different.  I'm not advocating for a "result", just pointing out the differences.