[Pulp-dev] pulp and multi region support.

Om Prakash Singh ompnix at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 11:43:03 UTC 2017

Hi Pulp Devs,

I am looking to set-up a scenario where I would be providing a solution for
patch and repository management with pulp to the Linux farm hosted across
the globe. Some of my questions which I could not find in the documentation
are as below.

Is it possible to set pulp in a multi homed scenario.

Which means the pulp server can be residing in multiple regions across the
WAN and when the user request for package the request can be handled from
the nearest region.

I would also like to understand if there is any replication guideline for
mongodb for pulp case.

If I replicate mongodb is it possible that I can use the replicated data to
start a new pulp server.

If the above is not present in pulp, I would be happy to take this further
provided I get some mentoring and guidance from the team.

Regards,
Om Prakash Singh