[Pulp-dev] Merging forward master -> 3.0-dev

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Tue Aug 1 21:33:43 UTC 2017

Originally 3.0-dev was branched from master, and we've merged master back
into 3.0-dev twice, once at the end of 2016 and once in early 2017. I
haven't heard about any plans to merge master -> 3.0-dev again. I want to
check in if its time to declare that we aren't going to do that merge
forward again.

I don't think there is much value in merging forward master -> 3.0-dev
again because the 3.0 code is so different than the 2.y code on master that
any diffs probably won't even make sense anymore. Also, the last merge
forward was pretty darn painful and it took a while.

So with ^ in mind we could:

1) Decide that we don't need to merge forward master -> 3.0-dev again.

2) Clean up the 3.0-dev repo. Basically delete everything on 3.0-dev that
isn't part of the Pulp3 codebase. We can hammer out exactly what those
things are on an issue that isn't yet written.

Please send thoughts and ideas. If someone wants to make a starter issue
for us to discuss the repo cleanup on that would be great.

-Brian