[Pulp-dev] Distribution Base Path Technical Design

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Tue Dec 19 17:31:20 UTC 2017

The Distributions have this correctness requirement where you can't have
one base_path be a subset of another one because they will collide in the
namespace and that won't work. This is being tracked as issue 2987 [0].
It's also a correctness story on the MVP.

There are several technical proposals on the ticket. I just now commented
on that issue with yet another one whereby a dedicated model is used to
help have the db quickly determine if a base_path is ok and should be
added. I wrote that design here [1]. Any ideas or comments about this
design or other approaches would be great.

[0]: https://pulp.plan.io/issues/2987
[1]: https://pulp.plan.io/issues/2987#note-25

-Brian