[Pulp-dev] Pulp multinode testing

Jeremy Audet jaudet at redhat.com
Mon Feb 6 19:01:01 UTC 2017

> My question is, what is the environment we would like to test Pulp on a
> multi machine environment? I remember someone mentioning about having 3
> machines:
>
> 1. Pulp server
> 2. Pulp workers
> 3. Pulp Smash
>
> Do you think is that ok? Or should another architecture be considered?

That seems fine to me. We could even run Pulp Smash on the Pulp server or
on a Pulp worker, so long as Python 3.4+ is available.

* Update Pulp Smash to manage workers services on a different machine than
> the Pulp server if it is configured to do so.

I think this is a good way to move forward. I'm confident that Pulp Smash
can be updated so that it can handle multi-node testing in a graceful way.