[Pulp-dev] Puppet setup on prepare_node script (pulp_packaging)

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Tue Jan 3 16:35:56 UTC 2017

+1 to pulling out puppet to unblock the builds.
+1 to replacing any puppet usage with Ansible, which is consistent with the
current direction[0].

After digging around in git some, it looks like those puppet lines were
originally added in 2015 with this commit[1]. That commit both installs
puppet and runs some `puppet apply ...` statements, so pulling puppet out
should be fine as long as those `puppet apply` statements get replaced with
something else (either Ansible, or $ANOTHER_IDEA).

Thank you for raising this and whatever you can do on it.

[0]: https://www.redhat.com/archives/pulp-list/2016-November/msg00045.html
[1]:
https://github.com/pulp/pulp_packaging/commit/e1657129d04470b2c302a91051c821a2e7283a6f