[Pulp-dev] Installing certificates for pulp-smash

Elyezer Rezende erezende at redhat.com
Tue Jan 10 14:17:06 UTC 2017

At [1] you can find the steps done in order to install Pulp on the testing
machine. The certificates are being generated by the certs role of the
Ansible playbook run [2], there you can find the commands and changes done
to generate the certificate.

Then you can scp the certificate from the pulp machine to the machine which
is running Pulp Smash and use it for authentication.

This would be the required commands:

sudo scp <pulp_server>:/etc/pki/CA/cacert.pem
/etc/pki/ca-trust/source/anchors/pulpcert.pem
sudo update-ca-trust

After testing is completed you can remove the local pulpcert.pem. Worth
mention that, on automation, Pulp smash is run from one machine and the
pulp server runs on another, also all the communication is done either via
SSH or HTTP[S].

[1]
https://github.com/pulp/pulp_packaging/blob/master/ci/jobs/pulp-dev.yaml#L23-L37
[2]
https://github.com/pulp/pulp_packaging/blob/master/ci/ansible/roles/pulp-certs/tasks/main.yml

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 9:18 PM, Alan Conway <aconway at redhat.com> wrote:

> I've been running pulp-smash trying to reproduce a problem but I have
> just realized that normal pulp deployments would have SSL certificates
> set up - I noticed the pulp jenkins jobs do. That might be a
> significant difference.
>
> Can someone give me the quick guide to adding certs? I already have
> pulp-smash up and running, so just a script or config snippet on what's
> needed, where it goes and which config files to edit.
>
> Thanks
> Alan.

Elyézer Rezende
Senior Quality Engineer