[Pulp-dev] Setting up solr with crane for docker search

Tom McKay thomasmckay at redhat.com
Fri Jan 27 13:28:50 UTC 2017

Does anyone have instructions for setting up solr for search? I am running
a simple solr container[1] and have crane configured[2] to query it.
However, I am missing the "data import handler" piece in solr, I think. I
can see that a "docker search" successfully hits solr but has zero results.

Note: This is to address several requests to allow "docker search" to work
with container repositories in foreman/katello[3] and Satellite-6.

Thanks!

[1] https://hub.docker.com/_/solr/
[2] http://docs.pulpproject.org/en/nightly/plugins/crane/
index.html?highlight=crane#solr