[Pulp-dev] file repository type

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Mon Jun 5 17:10:53 UTC 2017

You do not need to create a manifest in order to upload. You only need one
in order to sync. Here is documentation about upload:

http://docs.pulpproject.org/plugins/pulp_rpm/user-guide/isos.html#uploading-isos-to-a-repository

You can also create the manifest file in 3-4 lines of bash. Maybe it would
be useful for Pulp to include a small script that can generate the manifest.

That said, you can always upload your files to a Pulp repo, and publish it,
which will cause Pulp to create a new manifest for you.

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 6:41 AM, Tom McKay <thomasmckay at redhat.com> wrote:

> I'd like to sync individual files and folders (recursively?) into pulp via
> foreman. Apparently, though, I need to create a pulp manifest in order to
> upload. Is this necessary or can pulp do it for me? Or should I build this
> into foreman? @ehelms provided a gist of the steps[1] and it seems pretty
> basic and something pulp could be doing itself.
>
> My use case is that I wanted to import a build file for openshift from
> github, then promote that file (and other artifacts) through foreman's life
> cycle environments. A lot of demos and tutorials for openshift start from
> git and other non-local components.
>
> [1] https://gist.github.com/ehelms/3fd956ee887db3d7bac20b29efa3dd51

Michael Hrivnak

Principal Software Engineer, RHCE