[Pulp-dev] PUP-3: Proposal to change our git workflow

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Tue Jun 6 13:04:17 UTC 2017

It seems like there are two sides thus far about how to proceed: one being
that we should accept and implement PUP-3, and the other being that we
should tweak our current process. I’d like to propose the following
solution.

For the 2.14 release, we try out one of the tweaks to our current git
workflow. Namely, we turn on branch protection on Github and turn off
pushing to branches for all branches except master. I think this is the
simplest and most effective alternative proposed.

Then when 2.14 is released, we evaluate whether this tweak has solved our
problem or not. If it has not, we again consider moving to the workflow
outlined in PUP-3.

I think this is the best approach as it would allow us to try out tweaking
current workflow first before redoing our entire git workflow. Thoughts?

David