[Pulp-dev] Docker Manifest list support in Pulp

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Wed Jun 14 18:59:49 UTC 2017

There's a link to the manifest schemas, including manifest list, on the
second line of this issue.

https://pulp.plan.io/issues/2384

That's about all the docs that are written for it, unfortunately. The use
case is simple at least.

Consider that when you "docker pull reponame:tagname", there may be
multiple manifests in the repo that match the tagname, each for a different
architecture. The manifest list is basically what it says: a list of
manifests that correspond to a given tag name, which a client uses to find
the manifest for a particular architecture.

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 2:41 PM, Tom McKay <thomasmckay at redhat.com> wrote:

> Would you mind providing links to docs, tech and user level, for what a
> manifest list is and is used for?
>
> On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Ina Panova <ipanova at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> There have been ongoing planning effort on how to add the support for
>> Manifest lists into Pulp.[0][1]
>>
>> Please take a look at these 2 stories, they need grooming, provide
>> feedback and suggestions in case I forgot or overlooked things.
>>
>> Once it is groomed I am going to start the work on this.
>>
>> [0] https://pulp.plan.io/issues/2384
>> [1] https://pulp.plan.io/issues/2385
>>
>> --------
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ina Panova
>> Software Engineer| Pulp| Red Hat Inc.
>>
>> "Do not go where the path may lead,
>>  go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

Michael Hrivnak

Principal Software Engineer, RHCE

Red Hat