[Pulp-dev] Pulp 3.0 support for puppet client < 3.3

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Wed Jun 28 13:26:33 UTC 2017

Good point. We should definitely drop that older client.

We should also consider dropping all of Puppet 3, which went EOL at the end
of 2016. Foreman has already dropped puppet 3 support from their upcoming
1.16 release.

We have this redmine issue that includes links to the foreman discussion,
and where this can be further discussed: https://pulp.plan.io/issues/2541

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 8:38 AM, Dennis Kliban <dkliban at redhat.com> wrote:

> Do we want to continue supporting puppet client versions prior to 3.3?
> More information about what that means can be in the user guide[0] and the
> technical guide[1] for pulp_puppet.
>
> EPEL has Puppet 3.6[2] for EL7 and nothing for EL6.
>
> I propose that the 3.0 release of the Puppet plugin does not support the
> older client. We can add it in 3.1+ if we see value in it at the time.
>

> [0] http://docs.pulpproject.org/plugins/pulp_puppet/user-
> guide/recipes.html#id1
> [1] http://docs.pulpproject.org/plugins/pulp_puppet/tech-
> reference/forge_api.html#basic-auth