[Pulp-dev] Pull Request builder job changes for plugins

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Fri Jun 2 21:06:59 UTC 2017

That is a good point, and one we are giving some thought to through convo
on #pulp-dev and the issue [0]. The case of a plugin needing an unreleased
change from core would fail with this change. It's a tradeoff though
because if we go with nightlies as the version of core that is used,
whenever the nightlies break, the unittest PR runners also will, which has
been a reliability issue with the plugin unittest runner for a while.

I wrote some on the issue about it, but I see the 'plugin needs unreleased
code from core' as a special case, not a normal case. It used to be common,
but it's getting less common, which is good, because contributing to a
plugin should not involve changes to the core as the norm. It will happen
from time to time, so we can handle the special case, specially by running
the unittests locally with the necessary unreleased version of platform and
posting the results as evidence that its safe to merge.

[0]: https://pulp.plan.io/issues/2751