[Pulp-dev] crane usage for disconnected container import

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Mon Mar 6 06:20:05 UTC 2017

On Sun, Mar 5, 2017 at 8:21 PM, Tom McKay <thomasmckay at redhat.com> wrote:

> Why is it important that pulp be limited by the crane/docker api for
> export/import? Is it a "it's hard and we don't want to support it"
> argument, or is there a real technical aspect?

"None of the above." I'd describe it as: we want to offer one type-agnostic
way to export and import content with two pulp deployments, and it is
doable, but it would be a ton of work to add it to Pulp 2. We'll save a lot
of time and effort, and end up with a better solution, by pursuing this
with Pulp 3.

Michael