[Pulp-dev] Pulp3 MVP Refinement Next Steps

Mihai Ibanescu mihai.ibanescu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 18:10:56 UTC 2017

There is always an exception to everything, of course.

Metadata-only units (package_group for instance) require some special
attention.

I am not familiar with openapi/coreapi, I will need to read some docs.

Maybe instead of having a single pulp-admin that can do everything for
everybody, it covers all the common parts between all repository types and
units, and unit-specific things are extended via the REST API.

Otherwise, coming up with a command-line tool that is extensible may be a
bit too much.

I don't think there was disagreement that pulp-admin's CLI options are
unwieldy. Maybe starting with a proposal for re-organizing it would help
identify where the new-style extensions would drop in.

For instance, if we were to name it pulp-cli instead of pulp-admin:

pulp-cli repo {plugin-type} [create|update|list]
pulp-cli content {plugin-type} [copy|upload|search]

etc.

Then you may have drop-in plugins for handling repo/rpm/resolve which would
add a resolve option specific to rpm only.