[Pulp-dev] Use zypper on SUSE instead of yum (pull request)

Bernhard Suttner suttner at atix.de
Mon Mar 27 20:32:09 UTC 2017

Hi Mihai,

the change is on the client side to use zypper instead of yum to install / uninstall / update packages and package groups. Zypper is the package manager on SUSE based linux distribution (pretty good as it is written in C++ and therefore really fast)

I guess, you are also planning to integrate dnf and use it instead of yum. Therefore, I think you will need to have a plugin structure to decide, which package manager to use on the various systems.

Best regards,
Bernhard