[Pulp-dev] Merging forward commits

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Mon May 1 19:05:17 UTC 2017

Thinking through this a bit, I am not sure having a roll for someone to do
cherry-picks makes sense. Features aren’t cherry-picked. Hotfixes are
generally made against release branches (unless I am mistaken) so having
someone have to hunt those changes down and get them to master seems
tedious. Seems like this should be left up to the person taking care of the
hot fix.

That leaves bug fixes and I think the person who merges the PR be
responsible to cherry-picking the commit.

Why don’t we leave out the cherry-pick role initially at least and then
decide if we need it. I also think this is less of a jarring change from
our current process and might ease the transition.

David