[Pulp-dev] PyPI names for Pulp3

Ina Panova ipanova at redhat.com
Thu May 4 12:25:10 UTC 2017

Team,

we need to make some progress on this and try to find a common agreement.
Based on the email thread, i will summarize the options which where
proposed.
I will highlight mainly the concerns brought up by people( where there have
been expressed any).
I would like to hear more feedback *here in the thread*  so later i can
shrink the options and then i will create the Doodle for voting.

1) pulpproj, pulp_project, pulpproject.
    - Some people are opposed to having any form of the word "project" as
part of the name.
    It's like having Firefox be named "firefoxproj".
    Plus pulpproject is already taken.
2) pulp3
    - is ambiguous regardless of if the 3 is for Pulp3 or Python3.
3) plp - looks like pip
4) pulpapp vs pulp_app
5) pulp_platform
6) spot for new ideas

I encourage you all to *speak your piece *before I would create the Doodle.

--------
Regards,

Ina Panova
Software Engineer| Pulp| Red Hat Inc.

"Do not go where the path may lead,
 go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."