[Pulp-dev] [pulp 3] cast() method for casting from a Master to Detail model instance

Dennis Kliban dkliban at redhat.com
Fri May 26 15:41:33 UTC 2017

Looking at the cast() method[0] it looks like it's possible to call cast()
on a detail model. I would like to figure out when we expect to call cast()
on a detail model. Without fully knowing the motivation for this
implementation, I am inclined to raise an exception when the code reaches
line 113. The exception would inform the developer that calling cast() is
only appropriate on a master model. What are your thoughts?

[0]
https://github.com/pulp/pulp/blob/3.0-dev/platform/pulp/app/models/base.py#L113

-Dennis