[Pulp-dev] Let's use immutable resource URIs for all resources in pulp 3

Dennis Kliban dkliban at redhat.com
Thu Nov 9 20:01:55 UTC 2017

Pulp 3 currently uses a resource's 'name' attribute to form a URI for that
resource. However, the name is usually mutable and as a result can cause
some clients to have references to resources that no longer exist. All
resources in Pulp 3 have a primary key that is a UUID. I propose that we
switch to using the UUID for forming the resource URI.

As I was working on a related issue[0], I put together a PR[1] that does
this for the repository resource. I just now filed an issue[2] to do the
same thing for Importers and Publishers.

Thoughts?

[0] https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3101
[1] https://github.com/pulp/pulp/pull/3218
[2] https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3125