[Pulp-dev] Proposal to replace pulp 2.15's nightly jobs

Patrick Creech pcreech at redhat.com
Thu Nov 9 21:58:47 UTC 2017

As part of the ongoing release engineer changes, I would like to propose utilizing the pulp-
packaging* jobs in jenkins for nightlies going forward and turning off the build-automation jobs
starting monday.

I would also like to propose switching from having the next .y version in the name for master to
just utilizing 'master' (or 2-master, to account for pulp2 vs pulp3).  This will allow us to have an
always up to date 'pulp master' tab that has accurate reporting of the latest code status instead of
having to depend on someone setting up a new tab accurately at .y time.

Something of note, the location for pulp-packaging's nightly rpms are at http://koji.katello.org/rel
eases/yum/pulp-nightly/pulp/ (bits are tested there).  Would this be ok as the current new place for
nightly rpms, or would we want to sync them over to repos.fedorapeople.org?

I'm also open to suggestions for more reflective job names than 'pulp-packaging*'

You're friendly neighborhood Release Engineer
Patrick