[Pulp-dev] Proposal to replace pulp 2.15's nightly jobs

Jeremy Audet jaudet at redhat.com
Fri Nov 10 15:26:05 UTC 2017

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 4:58 PM, Patrick Creech <pcreech at redhat.com> wrote:

> As part of the ongoing release engineer changes, I would like to propose
> utilizing the pulp-
> packaging* jobs in jenkins for nightlies going forward and turning off the
> build-automation jobs
> starting monday.

We have any releases in progress. The next beta build will be 2.14.3 on Nov
14th. This seems like a great time to switch to something new.

> I would also like to propose switching from having the next .y version in
> the name for master to
> just utilizing 'master' (or 2-master, to account for pulp2 vs pulp3).
> This will allow us to have an
> always up to date 'pulp master' tab that has accurate reporting of the
> latest code status instead of
> having to depend on someone setting up a new tab accurately at .y time.

Names are important. UI is important. Let's please have a "master" tab
instead of a misleading "2.15" tab.

> Something of note, the location for pulp-packaging's nightly rpms are at
> http://koji.katello.org/rel
> eases/yum/pulp-nightly/pulp/ (bits are tested there).  Would this be ok
> as the current new place for
> nightly rpms, or would we want to sync them over to repos.fedorapeople.org
> ?

Hosting packages in just one place is simpler than hosting packages in
multiple places. There's less room for error when the simpler thing is done.