[Pulp-dev] Request to explicitly stop 2.14 at 2.14.3

Patrick Creech pcreech at redhat.com
Fri Nov 10 20:25:02 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-11-10 at 15:08 -0500, Jeremy Audet wrote:
> Do you think it will be possible to push an emergency 2.14.4 build out the door if necessary? Or
> an emergency 2.13.z build? I love the idea of throwing away old processes that are weighing us
> down. But there are business needs to consider.

With the maturation of 2.14, I don't see an upstream case to push a 2.13 build at this point, and I
haven't heard any requests for one.

Otherwise, what is exceptional is exceptional.  I don't plan on removing all traces of the build
scripts and jobs that produce these, just turning them off.  If an exceptional case arises upstream
then a discussion could be had.

I just think it will be a good idea here to provide a clean upstream line to switch, so as to keep
the confusion about what to do at a minimum for all parties invovled.

Thanks,
Patrick