[Pulp-dev] Proposal to replace pulp 2.15's nightly jobs

Patrick Creech pcreech at redhat.com
Fri Nov 10 21:16:14 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-11-10 at 15:25 -0500, Robin Chan wrote:
> I'm assuming that with the Pulp 2 - Master UI tab, that there will be lots of job here.  Will
> those jobs continue to have a 2.15 in the name and then we easily see where the next .y build was
> done? In otherwords, it is just the reporting tab and not the naming of the job that will change.

My hope is to change the name of the job as well to reflect what it is testing.  i.e. current 2.15
jobs would be renamed master* (as they test master), and 2.15 jobs would be added to test 2.15.0
builds (when that happens).

This is a bit of a different way of thinking about it.  But with the switch to cherrypicking, all
the dev will be done on the master branch, which will need to be regularly tested.  The 'x.y' tests
would only need to be ran as we gear up for a new .y.o or .z release, as that's when the new builds
would be generated.  Some of this depends on how the cherrypick process gets fleshed out with
regards to frequency of the x.y jobs being ran.

> And once a new build (.y.0 or .z) is created, then a new ui tab will be created?

I think it's safe to say that yes.  As a new x.y.0 goes out, a x.y tab would be created to track the
x.y jobs.

> I did tell Patrick I would have more questions....

You did :) ask away!

> Thanks,
> Robin

Patrick

*this might also end up being "create 'master' jobs, and leave 2.15 as is"