[Pulp-dev] Pulp Code of Conduct PUP discussion

Dennis Kliban dkliban at redhat.com
Mon Nov 27 21:51:48 UTC 2017

Pulp should adopt the Contributor Covenant Code of Conduct[0] as it's code
of conduct.

I have looked at other projects that have adopted this CoC and have
discovered that we have a few options for how to publish the CoC.

a) Add a CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md to root of repo and refer to it from
pulpproject.org[1]

b) Append the CoC to the contributing guide in CONTRIBUTING.md[2].

c) Add a CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md to root of repo and link to the Contributor
Covenant site.[3]

d) Add a CoC page to pulpproject.org and link to it from
CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md[4]

e) Include the CoC in the PUP. Add a CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md and link to the PUP
on GitHub or an HTML version of the PUP on the website.

f) Include the CoC in the PUP. Add a CoC section to CONTRIBUTING.md and
link to the PUP on GitHub or an HTML version of the PUP on the website.

I prefer option F, but if we do this work before we add CONTRIBUTING.md[5],
I am ok with option E.

We should adopt it verbatim. If anyone wants to adopt a modified version,
please add your revisions here[6] and notify the list when your changes are
ready to review.

[0] https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/1/4/code-of-conduct.html
[1] https://github.com/rom-rb/rom/blob/master/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
[2]