[Pulp-dev] repository versions update

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Tue Nov 28 21:00:51 UTC 2017

In reading back over the last email thread in May, it ended with us looking
at URL options to ensure we could release 3.0 and add in repo versions in
3.1+. We definitely want repo versions in the 3.y line, so we wanted to
make sure that was possible. If it wasn't, then we may have to add it into
3.0.

That question is a lot easier now given how firm the API is. I think we can
add in versioned repos in 3.1+, in a natural way. Just like a user creates
a Publication which triggers a publish, a user would create a RepoVersion
which would trigger a sync to produce that new RepoVersion. The repo
versions work needs to continue, but first I hope we prioritize getting to
Beta 1 for core. There are a lot of use cases in black on the MVP which are
not implemented or written in Redmine. I believe closing that gap would be
a better use of time given that we can add this later.

What do others think?