[Pulp-dev] Many-to-many joins in the API

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Thu Oct 19 12:20:50 UTC 2017

After reading through the updating relationships section of the JSON API
spec [1], I kind of agree with @jortel that we shouldn’t expose the join
model unless it provides extra fields besides simply joining two models.
Also, it might be worth adding a “content_ids” field that can be used when
updating repositories (see [2]).

By the way, I also saw there was a django-rest-framework-json-api package
[3]. Might be worth considering.

[1] http://jsonapi.org/format/#crud-updating-relationships
[2] http://jsonapi.org/format/#crud-updating-resource-relationships
[3] https://github.com/django-json-api/django-rest-framework-json-api