[Pulp-dev] [pulp 3] proposed change to publishing REST api

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Wed Oct 25 15:24:43 UTC 2017

I don’t know that the ambiguity around whether a task has a publication or
not is a big deal. If I call the publication endpoint, I’d expect a
publication task which either has 1 publication or 0 (if the publication
failed) attached to it.

In terms of ambiguity, I see a worse problem around adding a task_id field
to publications. As a user, I don’t know if a publication failed or not
when I get back a publication object. Instead, I have to look up the task
to see if it is a real (or successful) publication. Moreover, since we
allow users to remove/clean up tasks, that task may not even exist anymore.

David