[Pulp-dev] do we have master branch screwed up?

Bihan Zhang bizhang at redhat.com
Thu Sep 7 12:59:37 UTC 2017

Ina I think the problem with both of those is that the committer (you and
me) did not merge forward before the release engineer called the
update-version-and-merge-forward.py script.

update-version-and-merge-forward.py does the merge with ours strategy[0]
(to keep the correct release version on forward merge); so it brings the
merge commit over but does not keep the changes.

I am not sure how to move forward in this case- should we just cherry pick
the commits back into master? what are your thoughts pcreech?

[0]
https://github.com/pulp/pulp_packaging/blob/master/ci/lib/promote.py#L243