[Pulp-dev] De-duplicating Demo Content

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Thu Sep 28 19:04:20 UTC 2017

I'm happy to change the name of my section to something other than "State
of Pulp", which isn't very descriptive. I want it to continue focusing on
what's happening with the technology, such as releases, new initiatives
getting started (new plugin for example), specific current problems
(coredump on F26 for example), highlighting areas of investigation or
planning (like when we were wrestling with how to support multi-arch
container images), deprecations (no more EL6 for example), etc. "Tech
Update" would be fine, or something similar.

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Austin Macdonald <amacdona at redhat.com>
wrote:

> +1 to "Release Updates" because it doesn't make an artificial distinction
> between work done by Red Hat employees and work done by the community.
>
> On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 10:38 AM, Brian Bouterse <bbouters at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>> During the sprint demos there are two sections which regularly (if not
>> always) present redundant content: the State of Pulp update, and the
>> Community Update. We need to combine or redefine these parts of our demos
>> to not be redundant or compete for content to present in each section.
>> Today the content was 100% redundant to the point where I entirely skipped
>> the community update.
>>
>> Please send ideas or comments. Here are two options I can think of:
>>
>> Have the State of Pulp be renamed to 'Release Updates' and have that
>> section talk about releases and any notable issues associated with them.
>> This is the option I recommend.
>>
>> Only have a community update and have all content (release updates,
>> community items, etc) all be delivered through that. I believe this is how
>> most projects do it, but I would prefer the option above personally.
>>
>> -Brian

Michael Hrivnak

Principal Software Engineer, RHCE

Red Hat