[Pulp-dev] Improving technical decision making

Milan Kovacik mkovacik at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 08:54:13 UTC 2018

Oh I'd forget that we actually don't really have a formal process to
recognize and retire active contributors yet;
how about the technical lead proposes both the recognition and
retirement anytime they find reason to do so, for the former
situation, with a pre-approval of  other active contributors, propose
folks publicly, for the latter situation, try reaching out to the
retiring contributor before going public to avoid frustration.
Folks of course would ideally announce their intention to retire, the
formal process would be conducted by the technical lead.
The insignia of an active contributor would be the commit bit on any
of the Pulp projects.
The first ever technical and community leads would be elected by folks
with the commit bit, the election would be organized by our current
community representatives.

Unless there are objections, I'd file a PUP to summarize these points.

Cheers,
milan