[Pulp-dev] remove AUTHORS

Dana Walker dawalker at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 13:14:46 UTC 2018

I like Austin's point about getting to specify contact info for a specific
project as I have different emails for different types of contributions
myself, but I don't want to have to update things in multiple places down
the road when I can just keep track of my listed contact details in my
github settings.  The same goes for someone who wants privacy and doesn't
want their email listed or someone who has changed their name.  I created
the AUTHORS file for pulp_file recently and had misgivings about whether
each of these contributors would have chosen to have the info I put
together as their representative contact info, especially since we squashed
down to one name and email which involves making some assumptions.

I also like Irina's points about redundancy with GitHub's tracking of
contributors (though that's a very specific thing that excludes merge
commits, and for instance, I have made contributions to pulp through PRs
and my name is not listed there), and more importantly, inaccurate and out
of date info when hardcoded.

I'm +1 to this PR to remove AUTHORS files moving forward.

--Dana

Dana Walker

Associate Software Engineer

Red Hat