[Pulp-dev] Issue w/ Pulp3+Qpid

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Thu Apr 5 20:40:29 UTC 2018

Today we learned that if you try to cancel a task with Pulp3 when using the
Qpid+Proton code, the webserver deadlocks. It's an issue w/ Qpid+Kombu.
That same cancellation works great with RabbitMQ.

Since the pulp/devel environment is affected by this issue, we've switched
the development environment back to  RabbitMQ [0]. You can still enable the
Qpid stack with the use_rabbitmq ansible variable. I can resolve the
Qpid/Kombu issues separately without interfering with Pulp development.

[0]: https://github.com/pulp/devel/pull/141

-Brian