[Pulp-dev] Various MVP micro-discussions

Austin Macdonald austin at redhat.com
Mon Apr 9 14:39:12 UTC 2018

I made some changes to the MVP document. These changes should not be
controversial, but some more eyes would be welcome.

   - Minor obvious fixes:
      -
      https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/Pulp_3_Minimum_Viable_Product/155/diff
   - Content Management "refactor:
      - Separate content create/delete from content management
      - create section "Plugin User Content Management stories"
         - move simple and complex copy there
      -
      https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/Pulp_3_Minimum_Viable_Product/156/diff
      - Plugin API refactor
      - organize plugin API with h4 headings.
      - consolidate content management withing plugin api
      -
      https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/Pulp_3_Minimum_Viable_Product/157/diff

I also encountered some points that need to be fixed/discussed.

*Publications:*
https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/Pulp_3_Minimum_Viable_Product#Publications

*As a user, As an authenticated user, I can delete publications.*
*- asynchronously with a lock on the repository version. *
*- prevented if associated with a distribution.*
*- single object only.*

In the code, Publication deletes are synchronous. I think that is correct,
so we should remove this line.

"single object only". What does that mean? If it means 1 publication at a
time, that is how all our objects work, so I think we can delete this line.

*Artifacts:*
https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/Pulp_3_Minimum_Viable_Product#Artifacts

*As an authenticated user, I can specify a size and/or digest to validate
the uploaded file. *

We should be more explicit. If size is in the data, it is validated. If the
digest is in the data it is validated. If neither are in the data, neither
are validated. This seems related to: https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3524

*Lazy: *

Throughout the MVP there are many references to lazy sync. They have been
changed to red, but IMO we should just remove them.