[Pulp-dev] Roadmap Challenges

Dana Walker dawalker at redhat.com
Wed Apr 11 12:17:11 UTC 2018

I agree with Ina regarding some form of deadline to keep issues from
falling by the wayside.  I know we're not *really* doing Agile, but both
Kanban and Scrum have points or "pull from the top of the stack" features
to ensure that less appealing issues are not passed up repeatedly.  I see
it kind of like our "priority" dropdown but instead of "High, Medium, Low"
it's more like "age" with "Needs attention, Average, Newly Added" or
something.  Not sure how best to track that.  Perhaps when doing a sprint
review, anything that carries over to the next sprint gets moved up a level
in this way, even if only in the description if there's no useful dropdown
available in Redmine.  Maybe there's a time like with grooming/triage,
where midsprint we re-assess tickets we've committed to?

We do a good job of prioritizing severity, but I saw someone on IRC mention
recently that they wondered how to get attention brought to a less severe
issue that just lingers over time.  This might be a way to improve our
backlog handling.

--Dana

Dana Walker

Associate Software Engineer