[Pulp-dev] Pulp 3 Release Process Questions

Patrick Creech pcreech at redhat.com
Fri Apr 13 17:25:05 UTC 2018

Pulp,

So, while working on the packaging work, I figured it be nice to start talking about release process expectations around nightlies, beta, and GA.

Generally, what is pulp's release plan?  What are the expectations here?

And also, more specifically,

Based on what we do for pulp 2, when will pulp 'code freeze'? What is the expected turnaround from 'code freeze to 'packages shipped'.  We should probably agree on some expectations of turnaround
time.

Is there a staging process in place yet for packages (pypi or rpm)? Is there testing expectations of these pre-release bits to ensure quality?  With pypi being a valid install location, are these
releases to be coordinated?

Where are pulp 3 bits expected to be hosted?  How are we going to handle signing packages?