[Pulp-dev] Pulp 3 Release Process Questions

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Tue Apr 24 13:10:55 UTC 2018

Sure, there’s a couple things we’re trying to accomplish. First is to
deploy to PyPI which forces us to be OS agnostic. The whole Pulp 2 codebase
is tied to Fedora/CentOS/RHEL when I don’t think it has to be.

The other goal is to make our build/testing processes simpler. Pulp 2 uses
Jenkins AND Travis for things like testing PRs. Currently in Pulp 3, we’re
just using Travis to test PRs. This offloads resources to Travis and means
we don’t have to manage a CI environment.

Lastly, Jenkins is not accessible outside the Red Hat network. This is bad
for upstream community as it means our testing of PRs and our build process
is a blackbox.

David