[Pulp-dev] Pulp api seemingly incompatible with generated bindings

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 23:18:02 UTC 2018

I’m not sure how returning UUIDs in our responses helps Katello. In our
previous conversation, it was concluded that Katello should use the
hrefs[0]. Why expose UUIDs if Katello is not going to store them?

Katello could store/use UUIDs but then it's going to run into problems when
dealing with parameters that are hrefs (such as repository_version for
publishing[1]).

[0] https://www.redhat.com/archives/pulp-dev/2018-January/msg00004.html
[1] https://github.com/pulp/pulp_file/blob/5ffb33d8c70ffbb247aba8bf5b4563
3eba414b79/pulp_file/app/viewsets.py#L54

David