[Pulp-dev] How to retrieve file via pulp API?

Dennis Kliban dkliban at redhat.com
Tue Aug 7 13:19:47 UTC 2018

When docker communicates with Crane, the docker client receives redirects
that specify the full path to all the files you are interested in. Docker
then follows the redirects to retrieve the content from Pulp. The path for
the redirects is formed using the docker_web_distributor config. The
redirects are stored in JSON files. The format for the file is documented
here[0]. Here[1] is an example of a URL for a manifest in repository with
id 'test-repo-id':

[0]  https://docs.pulpproject.org/plugins/pulp_docker/tech-
reference/distributor.html#redirect-file
[1] https://pulp-hostname/pulp/docker/v2/test-repo-id/manifests/2/sha256:
fe9261ebcce85f6e0657957a129dbd26d3897483ba0bbbbb9ab564bc81041906