[Pulp-dev] Settings merge proposal.

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Tue Aug 21 17:03:03 UTC 2018

It's always good to discuss important changes. Thanks for bringing it up.

I think we do need to adopt the overwrite-not-merge approach here to allow
users to opt-out of settings we've opted them into. With a merge strategy
they can't. Say they wanted to log w/ a different formatter to match how
their splunk logging already works in their environments. When they specify
their formatter, it will merge in addition to the Pulp formatters, so they
will get every log line twice I believe.

Am I thinking about this right?