[Pulp-dev] Pulp 3.0 RC roadmap and check-ins

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Tue Aug 28 20:14:44 UTC 2018

Last week we met and discussed a release candidate (RC) milestone for Pulp
3.0. Here are the high level components we identified as being part of this
RC milestone. I’ve also put down a feature shepherd for each (more on this
below).

Core
- Ansible Installer - @asmacdo
- Lazy sync - @bmbouter/@dawalker
- Katello P1 items - @daviddavis (or another volunteer)
- Content Protection - @jortel

Other deliverables
- Supported Bindings - @dkliban
- Pulp 3 RPM Plugin Beta - @ttereshc
- Pulp 3 Docker Plugins Beta - @ipanova

In the next two weeks, I think we should create roadmaps of the remaining
stories for each of these items. This should also ideally include a rough
timeline or estimate of when the work can be completed. I'm imagining that
each team can handle this and work with @rchan to discuss any staffing
needs/assumptions.

Secondly, during our Monday team meetings I’d propose we have brief weekly
check-ins on the status of each feature until we reach our RC milestone.
Each feature shepherd could provide a short, 1-2 min update on their
component's status. I think this will help us remain focused on getting to
an RC release without taking up too much time.

Lastly, I am planning on getting the remaining Katello P1 items groomed and
added to the next sprint (unless someone else wants to handle this work,
let me know).

As always, feedback is welcome. Thank you.

David