[Pulp-dev] Using commits instead of PRs in Pulp 3 release notes

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Thu Dec 13 19:23:10 UTC 2018

Currently in our Pulp 3 release notes[0], we link to a query of PRs with
the 3.0 tag merged in a certain timeframe. I feel like this is prone to
user errors as in cases where we might forget to add the 3.0 label to a PR
or get the timeframe slightly wrong because of timezones. I was thinking
instead we could maybe link to the list of commits between tags. Here’s an
example:

https://github.com/pulp/pulp/compare/pulpcore-3.0.0b15...pulpcore-3.0.0b16

If you click on any of these commits, there is a link to the PR by the
branch name so I feel like there’s no loss of information.

Thoughts?

[0]
https://docs.pulpproject.org/en/3.0/nightly/release-notes/pulpcore/3.0.x.html

David