[Pulp-dev] Pulp3 now defaults Qpid

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Thu Feb 1 16:28:12 UTC 2018

Hi Jeremy, sorry for the very long delay. Yes enabling only for the dev
environments was intentional (issue 2259). I wanted to only have the
developers try it at first as the most basic smoke test during day to day
development. I haven't heard of any reports of issues from the dev
environments, so that is good. For enabling it for Pulp3 users, that is
issue 3134. The overall effort is tracked as epic
https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3291

Also, today I wrote up the AMQP 1.0 functional testing needs [0]. I've hand
tested all of this during development of the PR for Kombu, so I believe all
of it works. To move forward I'm hoping for all of these behaviors to be
tested through Pulp. I want to make sure Pulp's needs are all met before I
merge [1] in upstream Kombu and release it in upstream Kombu 4.1.

To do all of the different configurations, I wrote some docs several years
ago here [2]. These settings have been ported to Pulp3, and they are all
expected to work exactly the same. Also the Kombu docs have some details as
well. For the server side configuration, the Qpid broker docs show how it
can be configured. Feel free to contact me if you have questions about what
the testing is supposed to do.

This new version of Kombu could be tested against Pulp2 instead of Pulp3
(whatever is easier). I know it has several automated tests which cover
several of these areas. As long as it's the patched version of Kombu any
version of Pulp will do. Another option may be to forward-port those tests
to just run against Pulp3. Whatever you think is best is fine with me.

Any questions or ideas are welcome. I would really appreciate some
independent testing. For Pulp to enable amqp 1.0 for Pulp3 users I think
we'll need to make sure all of these things work.

[0]: https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3340
[1]: https://github.com/celery/kombu/pull/810
[2]: https://docs.pulpproject.org/user-guide/broker-settings.html

-Brian