[Pulp-dev] Adding Model.created.

Jeff Ortel jortel at redhat.com
Mon Feb 12 17:22:10 UTC 2018

A few of our models have a field:

created = models.DateTimeField(auto_now_add=True)

To support ordering needed by a FilePlugin use case, I'm planning to add
Content.created as it seems generally useful and I believe will be
needed by most plugins. This raises a more general question: should we
add Model.created instead?  Knowing when most things get created seems
generally useful.  For example, knowing when an artifact got created
tells uses when it got downloaded.  Things like that.

Thoughts?