[Pulp-dev] Github Required Checks

Milan Kovacik mkovacik at redhat.com
Tue Feb 13 13:28:53 UTC 2018

> Option 1:  Nothing merges without passing PR runner tests, ever, even if
the issue is rooted in the configuration or infrastructure of the test
runners or an expired certificate etc.  This would light a fire to get
these issues resolved ASAP because nothing can happen without them.
I like this option for the same reasons Daniel mentioned; it also implies
an up-to-date infrastructure and better reliability: both false negative
and false positive (test/build) failures will still happen in all the three
options regardless, but at least false negatives won't be ignored.
This might also help catching environment issues sooner in the process
(such as a third-party library update causing a legitimate failure because
of e.g backwards incompatibility).
When it comes to plugin independence, we could state that only plugins
conforming with these (core) PR criteria can be "adopted" and tagged as
Pulp-approved/compatible and kept under the Pulp project.

--
milan