[Pulp-dev] Seeking Nomenclature

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Mon Feb 19 20:23:05 UTC 2018

So syncing from one Pulp server to another Pulp server is usually called
'natural syncing'. See [0][1].

AFAIK, there is no official concept of master/nodes/etc in Pulp anymore
since in the case of natural syncing, there’s nothing special about either
instance of Pulp. We have used the terms ‘parent’ and ‘child’ though (as in
the blog post I linked to).

[0] https://pulp.plan.io/issues/1488
[1] https://pulpproject.org/2016/12/07/deprecating-nodes/


On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 2:59 PM, Eric Helms <ehelms at redhat.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
> The simple question is there any nomenclature used when referring to a
> Pulp server and another Pulp server that syncs from the previous one?
> The background behind this question is as follows. Pulp at a time had the
> concept of masters and nodes. With the removal of the official node-concept
> and code, we still have references to Pulp "nodes" in our code base. If
> there is newer nomenclature for the case of having a Pulp master that other
> Pulp instances sync from I'd like to adopt that to help with parity across
> communities.
> I should also ask if "Pulp master" is correct as well.
> Thanks,
> Eric
> _______________________________________________
> Pulp-dev mailing list
> Pulp-dev at redhat.com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/pulp-dev
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://listman.redhat.com/archives/pulp-dev/attachments/20180219/4e3f9d94/attachment.htm>

More information about the Pulp-dev mailing list