[Pulp-dev] IBM's yum "repository" vs a normal sane repository

Will Darton willdarton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 18:55:19 UTC 2018

 I know this has been a day, but it took me a while to circle back around
to it. But in case anyone else runs into this, I have successfully gotten
an IBM AIX system, to use IBM's yum/rpm to retrieve content from IBM
mirror'd repositories in Foreman and Red Hat Satellite.

What was missing were the libxml2 rpms , though yum wouldn't say exactly
that, and there isn't a fancy ldconfig command I know on AIX

In the end, needed these:
/ # uname -a
AIX hostname  2 7 00FAF6804C00

/ # rpm -qa | egrep 'libxml|python|yum|rpm' | sort
AIX-rpm-7.2.2.0-6.ppc
libxml2-2.9.5-1.ppc
libxml2-python-2.9.5-1.ppc
python-2.7.10-1.ppc
python-devel-2.7.10-1.ppc
python-iniparse-0.4-1.noarch
python-pycurl-7.19.3-1.ppc
python-tools-2.7.10-1.ppc
python-urlgrabber-3.10.1-1.noarch
yum-3.4.3-5.noarch
yum-metadata-parser-1.1.4-2.ppc

And a repo conf such as this:

[Satellite_AIX_Toolbox_noarch]
name=AIX noarch repository
sslclientcert = /opt/freeware/etc/pki/entitlement.pem
sslclientkey = /opt/freeware/etc/pki/entitlement-key.pem
sslcacert = /opt/freeware/etc/pki/cacert.pem
sslverify=1
baseurl=https://capsule.example.com/pulp/repos/ORG/LAB/eue-aix72-server-ppc/
custom/eue_ibm_aix/noarch/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

# yum repolist
repo id
    repo name
  status
AIX_Toolbox_noarch
   AIX noarch mirror
 79
AIX_Toolbox_ppc
    AIX PPC mirror
 355
AIX_Toolbox_ppc-7.2
    AIX PPC mirror
  10
Satellite_AIX_Toolbox_noarch
   AIX noarch repository
 79

now off to conquer subscription-manager
Thanks for the advise!

Will Darton
7032322344
RHC{A,DS,E,VA,SA} 130-047-673

“There is excellence all around you. You need only to be aware to stop and
savor it.” - Anton Ego