[Pulp-dev] Retrospective on pulp_deb / devel breakage

Dennis Kliban dkliban at redhat.com
Mon Jul 2 18:19:12 UTC 2018

Matthias, thank you for sending this note to the list. I am sorry for the
headache all these changes had caused.

It would have been easier to address all these problems 1 at a time as they
arose. However, with no development on pulp_deb in the last month, there
was no human to catch the problems. The best way to ensure this doesn't
happen again is to add automation that runs our devel installer for each
plugin we package. For Pulp 2, this automation would need to run on
something like CentOS-CI[0] so anyone in the community could contribute. We
are in a much better position for Pulp 3 already. The integration tests
that we already run daily for Pulp 3 plugins using Travis should be
sufficient for identifying developer setup problems there.

[0] https://ci.centos.org/

-Dennis